- windows 7 cannot access share
- windows 7 keep asking password to access samba share
- windows 7 computer on other VLAN cannot browse the Ubuntu server with Windows Explorer
- troubleshoot using smbclient -L localhost -U% give errors such as:
- tree connect failed, NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_INVALID
And very very luckily... I found a discussion & an article which discussed about the bug found in Samba 3.6.3, and suggest to upgrade to 3.6.7:
https://www.monlore.nl/blog/?p=226 (Marcel's blog)
Thanks god their suggestion work.. and damn Ubuntu & Samba, how could they release such a buggy version for LTS and do not issue immediate upgrade in the official repository?!!
Alright, here's the solution copy from Marcel's blog:
- sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nathan-renniewaldock/ppa
- apt-get update
- apt-get install samba
Voila! Now Samba works like a charm!